Date: Aug 9, 2020
Location:Villawood, NSW, AU
No Relocation Assistance Offered
# 87303 - Villawood, New South Wales, Australia
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading organisation within the grocery sector with trusted brands in over 200 countries globally. This is a rare opportunity to join this high performing and friendly culture.
This 6 month fixed term contract position is responsible for the planning, forecasting and ordering of raw materials for Villawood Home Care liquid products.
- Create all master data in SAP for all new materials
- Update all Bill of Materials (BOM’s) to reflect changes and send notification to relevant personnel in the plant
- Forecast on a weekly basis requirements and send those forecasts to relevant suppliers. Interpret feedback from suppliers and advise Planning Team leader of issues and possible solutions
- Talk regularly with key suppliers to review forecast, discuss upcoming changes and address any issues
- Place purchase orders (PO)s with suppliers so that materials are available in time for finishing requirements
- Be aware of materials warehouse constraints that may impact on ability to store materials
- Resolve issues that may impact warehouse receipting e.g. PO not released, delivered quantity > allowed tolerance
- Review receipt of materials, ensuring sufficient materials are available for finishing requirements. Communicate any issues to the Planning Team Leader. Keep production plan up to date with relevant comments relating to production runs and material supply issues (eg label changes).
- Follow up outstanding POs and resolve issues related to outstanding POs
- Liaise with Production Team Leaders on any issues that may affect delivery of the production schedule
- Manage left over materials and ensure deleted materials are disposed on time. This may require getting quotes from third parties for disposal of fragrances and chemicals.
- Keep a track of non-inventory materials used in the plant and ensure timely replenishment.
- Liaise with external vendors for re-work of stock as required.
- Conduct all activities in line with site safety requirements and quality standards
Education:Higher School Certificate
TAFE, Diploma or Degree in relevant supply chain disciplines
APICS qualifications would be advantageous
Experience:2-3 years’ experience in planning and purchasing in ERP systems
Experience in using SAP would be beneficial
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognized brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, elmex, Tom’s of Maine, Sorriso, Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sanex, Elta MD, PCA Skin, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill’s Science Diet and Hill’s Prescription Diet.
For more information about Colgate’s global business, visit the Company’s web site at . To learn more about Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures® oral health education program, please visit . To learn more about Hill's and the Hill’s Food, Shelter & Love program please visit . To learn more about Tom’s of Maine please visit .
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject "Accommodation Request" should you require accommodation.
Job Segment: Warehouse, ERP, Supply, SAP, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Technology, Operations Villawood, NSW, AU